Rounds

Status
Not open for further replies.

mecheng01

Mechanical
Apr 28, 2003
US
Hey,
I try making variable and constant rounds; They oftens times fail. I was wondering if someone could please explain why and possible solutions. Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Rounds are often controlled from the surrounding surfaces. So switch tangency to phantom and then switch to wire frame the lines of tangency will now be chain dotted and a tangency error will be more evident.

Try putting in a smaller round first and then increase the rad until it fails or reaches the desired value you are looking for. As you increase the size or the rad look at the geometry it is creating, the value you are asking for may not be possible.

Sometimes surface to surface rounds will swallow up whole surfaces so make sure you pick the remaining surface not the one that will disappear as this also can cause failure.

Rounds are always difficult but remenber adding rounds at the end is not always corrrect,putting them in earlier in the geometry may remove problems later.

Im sorry to say dealing with rounds comes with practice, their are courses available to cover advanced rounds but find a good provider not just the obvious.

Hi,

I am working on pro/e since 3 years and still I have not been able to master the rounds.

It's always resolve mode for me when it comes to rounds!!!!

So,Don't worry ,you are not alone in your misery!!!!

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back