rs linx 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigheadted

Electrical
Jul 22, 2005
GB
i have set up the maintenance laptop at work with rslogix 500 and rs logix 5
all seems to be functioning correctly i can go online to the relevant processors etc
there is one small difference between this and the old laptop we used to use that i could do with some help on.

two of the processors that i use the laptop to talk to have a data-highway connetion between them. In rslinx i can see icons for both processors but when i click on the icons it doent seem to take me online to the revevant processor as i am sure the old one used to. i am using rs linx lite biut wa on the old laptop also
can anyone help? have i misses a setting somewhere
many thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can't go straight from Linx to the processor. It sees them but that is all. You have to have 5 or 500 open (depending on which you're hooked up to of course), go to comms, and do a who active go online. Should hook you up.

What you are remembering is being in the "Who Active Go Online" mode from RSLogix 500.

That's a menu selection from within the ladder editor that launches an "RSWho" window from within RSLogix 500, instead of from within RSLinx.

The RSWho launched from within RSLogix 500 is a "click to go online" window, whereas the one launched from within RSLinx itself is strictly a browser.

You can view code from RSLinx but I would not suggest doing so. When searching for a address you must search each file seperatly. It does not search the hole program buy it self. Like EddieWillers said you can only browse it will not allow you to make any edits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back