RSLinx+RSLogix+RSLogix Emulate500 and Vista 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

el124

Electrical
Apr 27, 2010
US
Hello,
I have Vista as an operating system and have been trying to set up RSLogix and RSLinx. I can get as far as writing the ladder logic and verifying the program, but I am not able to go online and run the ladder program. I get an error:

(No response from processor at selected path/node!)
(InitDriver failed code -1)
(Current Driver AB_DF1)May not be running.

I have: (RSLinx Version V-2.54)
(RSLogixEmu500 revision 6.00)
(RSLogix Micro V-8.10)
RSLogix EMu has the selected nodes being found but does not communicate with anything else.

Is there a way to get it running with Vista? I have checked many places and cant find a guide anywhere.
I am grateful that I get the program to verify that it is correct but I would like for it to show the Counters work, Sequencers, ect.
I dont have a PLC, but I just want the ladder logic program to run on my PC. Any advice?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I gave it a shot.
The communications window freezes after that and does not respond to rslogix micro.
Error message: (Diagnostic status failed: 0xFFFFFFFE)

You should be using this driver. Attached a screen shot

1. Open RSEmulate
2. Use the FILE pull down menu and select OPEN
3. Select the file you want to run in RSEmulate and press the OPEN button
4. Assign the project a Station #. A Debug File # if used can also be specified.
5. Minimize RSEmulate and Open RSLinx.
6. Go to Communication>Configure Drivers:
7. Expand Available Driver Types drop down box and select SLC 500 (DH485) Emulator driver and hit ADD NEW
8. Give the driver a name and press OK. The default name (EMU500-1) is usual recommendation.
9. Assign the Emulator driver a STATION NUMBER and STATION NAME:
10. Minimize RSLinx
11. Open RSLogix 500
12. Go to Comms>System Comms
13. Select the processor that you wish to communicate with. After selecting the driver you can choose the communications method you are trying to accomplish from the buttons on the right hand of the window: ONLINE, UPLOAD, DOWNLOAD:

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=1b1741dd-91e9-467b-a9a9-d25b07e9dec2&file=slc500.doc
I tried the steps above but whatever the reason, RSLogix still comes up with. (Node 1 not found) and proceeds up the list. node 2, node 3, and so on....It still does not go online. Are there any other steps that I may need to do to go online?

el124

Are you running Vista? If so see release notes here

Keep the following in mind when using RSLinx Classic v2.54.00 (CPR 9 Service Release 1) with Microsoft Windows Vista Business [32-bit] (Service Pack 1) or Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic [32-bit] (Service Pack 1):

RSLinx Classic must start as an application; RSLinx Classic will not start as a service.

For RSLinx Classic to function as an OPC server, you must be logged on and RSLinx Classic must be running as an application.

The following communication drivers ARE supported and will be available on the Configure Drivers dialog:

1784-U2DHP for DH+

RS-232 DF1 devices

Ethernet devices

Ethernet I/P Driver

DF1 Polling Master Driver

1784-PCIC(S) for ControlNet devices

DF1 Slave Driver

DH485 UIC devices

Virtual Backplane (SoftLogix 58xx, USB)

DeviceNet Drivers (1770-KFD, 1771-SDN, and 1747-SDN)

SmartGuard USB Driver

Remote Devices via Linx Gateway

The following communication drivers ARE NOT supported:

1784-PCC for ControlNet devices

1747-PIC/AIC+ Driver

1784-PKTX(D)/PCMK for DH+/DH-485 devices

DeviceNet Drivers (1784-PCD/PCIDS)

PLC-5 (DH+) Emulator

SLC 500 (DH485) Emulator driver

SoftLogix5 driver

Status
Not open for further replies.