Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

RSLogics 5000 plc V13.03.00 forces

Status
Not open for further replies.

boreas

Marine/Ocean
Dec 2, 2008
AE
Hi everybody,
We seem to have an annoying thing going on. Lately we can't toggle nor force any in- or outputs in one of our plc's anymore. These are all controllertags and boolean so it shouldn't be a problem. The helpfiles didn't help us to find a solution. It used to work properly so we assume that we did something wrong somehow. In the datamonitor the forcemask of all I/O's are grey and empty.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try going in to the ladder and to the particular output you want to turn ON and right click on it and force ON. Is it greyed out there?

Yes, it is greyed everywhere i try to force it, also in the ladder. In fact for all the in- and outputs the force options are greyed. (attachment) Last week we've added an additional input which we forced to test it without any problem. Next day no forces were possible anymore. Very strange. When i load older versions of the program the problem remains.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=abbcf947-e675-4b69-8f21-3bfe5232561b&file=PLC_input_forces.JPG
Go to help then About RSlogix 5000. At the very top what does it say RSLogix 5000 xxxxxx lite, standard, pro???
Forces can be disabled in the controller via an SSV instruction but the only other thing that it could be is possibly security. ie Factorytalk

Just a guess, but from looking at the picture you provided, I noticed that you appear to be using some sort of redundancy.
I don't know too much about it, but I would look to see if either the primary or secondary chassis is locked, as that will disable forces.

Our RSlogix 5000 is standard edition. Where can i find this SSV instruction ? Can forces be enabled by this instruction as well ?
As for the redundancy option, you are wright NWBeaver, we run in redundancy mode. We switched over primary function to the other module and we even stopped them both at the same time. After a normal startup with one primary and one synchronised module the force problem still remains. I appreciate your help guys.

Well rjmaster, this is exactly my problem. Even if i enable forces in the toolbar (see attached file), the force off and force on option for BOOLEANS remains inaccessible. I found out that the programmer "mapped" the in and outputs and used the bits in these maps as aliases for the bits i try to force. I can force the inputs straight from the carddata in the controllertaglist but not the bits with the aliases (and description) which are used in the ladders.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=0a8aea72-f2f6-4edd-bdec-3d266f70dfec&file=forces.JPG
Boreas

You might be confusing the instructions (such as XIC, XIO, OTE) with the terms INPUTS and OUTPUTS ... that's a VERY common misconception, but they are NOT the same thing.

You can only force a real I/O such as a push button, a solenoid or a valve, etc.

Furthermore you can force an alias - as long as it's an alias of a real Input or Output tag

That is correct, after i found out that the programmer mapped the inputs an outputs, i realised that these bits are not the real I/O's. Still it's strange that 3 weeks ago we could change the state of these bits while we connected new inputs to the PLC. At that time we toggled or forced them for testpurposes. The toggle option is accesible but overruled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back