Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

RSLogix 5000 CAMs

Status
Not open for further replies.

AVGTech

Industrial
Oct 5, 2005
US
I have an application with multiple axis cam'd to one another and the transition points are pretty rough. This is a welding application that tracks an oval path, as it transitions from the long radius to the short radius the torches jerk violently which affects the weld quality. I have adjusted the speed changes in these area's but I have to believe there is a better solution to my problem. I am not well versed in this type of motion planning and would appreciate any and all advise.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In some applications with RSLogix 5000 you can use a virtual master to control the timing of executing the cam profiles. All servo axis would follow the virtual master axis. There is a reduction in jerkiness because the slave axis are following a smooth virtual axis instead of a bouncy real world encoder.

Second thing to check is that there is a smooth transaction between cam profiles. That your cam profiles smoothing transition from one profile to the next. You can use the pending cam feature to automatically execute the next profile when the current profile finishes.

Feel free to give me a call with any questions.

(215) 262-6793

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back