Rt film coverage area 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aliq298

Industrial
Dec 29, 2011
MY
Good day All,

Just 2 simple question regarding RT film interperation.
1) Could any expert explain 'area of interest' inside asme V.
2) is it any paragraph inside asme V, mention RT film should/shall cover the HAZ area.

Tqvm expert.

Muhammad86

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

SO you expect members of this forum to waste their time looking this up for you.....because you obviously did not take the time to look yourself. "area of interest" is clearly defined in App. 1 glossary of terms. This forum is for technical help, not this.

I have read the Definition before..but the definition also not clear for me..myb not for you.that y i asking..if you think this post waste yr time..i feel sorry..because on actual situation there are arguement between my client..because my rt film not full cover on the haz area due to the weld width is approximate 60-70 mm..so my client ask to reshoot use the another set of film(big size).

Im not a nde expert dats y i asking.

Ask your client where it states HAZ must be included ?
Weld Identification letters/numbers are routinely placed on the HAZ (immediately next to the weld) so how can you view the HAZ when it may be covered with lead ?
You cannot have lead letters/numbers on the weld which is your "area of interest"
What width are your films ?
If you have 60-70 mm wide capping runs I would expect it to be a 90-100 mm film width.
Regards,
Shane

I have seen contract documents that require X amount of coverage along both edges of the welds, but if not called out in the contract it is not a requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back