RT Film Interpretation

Status
Not open for further replies.

prady22

Mechanical
Mar 11, 2016
MY
Experts,

Recently, my client reviewed RT Films in that NDT agency has been corrected the welder no in place of wrong welder name. But client has been rejected since there should not be any corrections in film. So is there any standards deals about the RT film???

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Per ASME B&PV Code welder's name on film not necessary unless it's for welder's performance it may be. But if the info is there it can not be altered. The NDE Sub and yoh may have to change the procedure. In your case your client may accept a letter of compliance from the NDE Sub. With acceptance of your A.I.- I understand the trouble of redoing the NDE test just to a tini mistake.

General Blr. CA,USA

It is not uncommon to add the welder's ID to the film or the film holder when mistakes have been made. You do need to provide the evidence that the weld represented by the radiograph was made by the welder or welders in question.

If you are the contractor, you need to enforce the rules of Welder ID on your NDE supplier

prady22,
We can all try and help but it is useless without sufficient information.
As noted it is not a requirement to have welders name or number on the film - unless it is for welder qualification and then it must be on there and it must be correct.
The important thing is the project specifications which you haven't mentioned.
Does it state in the project specifications or contract documents - no corrections on films ?
If it doesn't then ask the client to provide reference as to where it states in the applicable code that you cannot do what you have done.

Very expensive exercise to reshoot welds just because the client doesn't like something,
Cheers,
Shane

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back