Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Rubber Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

drkucho

Automotive
Mar 30, 2007
ES
Hello all

I am manufacturing rubber tires for radio controlled offroad trucks, i did my first tires with NR which have a very good grip but they dont last so much , the rocks and rough terrain worn them pretty quick.

Now im trying to find the best rubber choice to avoid premature wear without loosing grip (at least not much)

reading here and there found some nice tables which show rubber properties comparison, I found theese the most useful:

looking to them looks like CR (neoprene) , SBR and NBR are the best choice with good abrasion resistance and good tackyness

but there is something i dont understand: in SRP table , NR shows "Excelent Abrasion" what does it mean? i gues the field "abrasion" means "abrasion resistance" , but then NR is excelent on this? i think this data is just wrong , but i am not engineer so i cant be sure...

can anyone please confirm the abrassion resistance of NR is good or bad?

Also any extra info you can tell me about the best choice for my tires is highly welcomed

thanks a million in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

thanks for your reply, so you saying that mixing some BR with NR wont add better resistance ? instead of that i should ask for adding carbon black?

I think what you want is Plastisizers. Strictly speaking you want to put a high amount of carbon black, to deal with wear and abrasion and on the other side you put oil in your compounds to soften the compound to get better contact to the road. This is what they do at drag-racing.

I am a bit confused by some of the informations - the company uses (per)oxide curing systems, but the sulfur is already in the compound? Sounds strange, due to the fact that you do put just one of them in your compound, never both.

thank you for your feedback Phiga, i hear you , i think the factory dont care much of what they say to me cause i dont know much of rubbers , so they think i will dig what they say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back