Ruhr Pumpen pumps

Status
Not open for further replies.

rota1

Structural
Jan 24, 2006
TT
Hello all,
Does anyone have experience with Ruhr Pumpen pumps particularly in hot hydrocarbon service?.Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Ruhrpumpen purchased part of the Flowserve family of pumps particualrly many of the Byron Jackson API Pumps. The Centerline supported pumps are very reliable when applied properly. The problem I have with Ruhrpumpen is the lead time for parts and new pumps. Because of the restructuring of the company in the past couple years, not all the bugs have been worked out and that means you have to wait. Also the price of pumps and parts are really skyrocketing due to metal surcharges. The base price stays the same with anywhere from 4-10% metal surcharges being tacked on to complete units or indivudual parts when purchased.

As I'm told. sometime around 2000, Flowserve was required to sell off some of their pump divisions due to some anti trust issues. Ruhrpumpen ended up with the line of API pumps as Poppeye says. We recieved a batch of pumps for a project in 2001 where it was obvious that the Flowserve nametags had been replaced with Ruhrpumpen tags. While the pumps are high quality API pumps, my experience with Ruhrpumpen service is another matter. In 2002, while attempting to get parts from Ruhrpumpen, it was obvious that they they did not have the systems in place to support these pumps. Haven't dealt with them since then. Don't know if they've fixed this or not.

Thanks very much for the information.Basically what you guys are saying is their pumps are reliable, we would have to be concerned with back up service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back