Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Run a macro with a mouse gesture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwouters

Mechanical
Feb 19, 2009
NL
Well, pretty much the subject says all. Is it possible to run a macro with a mouse gesture? (sw 2010, sp5)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Jwouters,
I didn't even realize that mouse gestures couldn't launch macros. That is odd. I doubt there is a way to even fake out SolidWorks to allowing you to run a macro from the mouse gesture window. However, if you are feeling adventurous, you can try adding a macro to one of your main pull down menus to see if it is also picked up in the mouse gesture area for that pulldown.

Matt Lorono
Lorono's SolidWorks Resources & SolidWorks Legion

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/solidworks & http://twitter.com/fcsuper

Creating a menu item doesn't seem to pop-up that item in the mouse gestures tab .. too bad.

An extra idea would be, to be able to select 4-or-8 mouse gestures for part/assy/dwg/sketch separately.
I have no idea ... :) ... how to file such an idea to SW. Anyone bothered to create it?

An extra idea would be, to be able to select 4-or-8 mouse gestures for part/assy/dwg/sketch separately.

What do you mean by "separately"?
An individual box instead of the current all-in-one version?

download.aspx

@fcsuper .. Only SW related I follow so far is this one. I'll look at the SWW forum soon .. Thx

@CBL .. Yes, that's what I mean :)

Buy a gaming mouse with multiple buttons, set macro's to a certain keyboard key, then keybind that key to the mouse button. Saves the extra step of the "mouse gesture". ;)

James Spisich
Design Engineer, CSWP

There's a program you can download called "Stroke-It" that performs Windows operations based on mouse gestures. Not sure if it allows program specific gestures or not.

Jamie

@Jspisich - I have a Razer Deathadder with two (extra) buttons. I don't like more buttons than that on a mouse :) .. You won't find me using a mouse like Razer Naga .. But thanks for the tip.

@CBL - I just think that's something for a user to decide. I don't think I will need 8 gestures in drawings, while I do use 8 gestures in sketches. If it's separate, a user can always select 4-or-8 for all, to keep it consistent .. just my thoughts.

@Killswitch2 - I think I have used that program some years ago. It's pretty nice indeed. It might be an option if I was really desperate to get the macro running with a mouse gesture, but I'm not .. yet :). I believe it could be configured program-specific.

-

I'll try to 'submit' the idea somewhere soon. Thanks for the tips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back