Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

running analysis in sequence

Status
Not open for further replies.

htyunis

Aerospace
Aug 10, 2003
I use patran and nastran and it is required to analyze more than 200 floor panel, all has rectangular shape with different dimension and different loading, what i should do to let patran run all in sequence with one click.

if somebody is able to help can he write in detail the sequence code and explain where should i insert it.

thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You may want to find an in depth tutorial regarding "Create a Load Case." I have given you a guide below, and hopefully it makes enough sense to follow.

I would first lay out your entire geometry. Next apply every boundary condition and loading you would like considered. After this, select "Create a Load Case," call your case whatever you want (Example: LC1), click on a "Input Data," and a new dialog comes up. Select whichever BC/Loads you want considered for that case(Example: LC1) listed under "Select Individual Load/BC." Click OK after you have defined your Load Case(s). Go to your analysis module, and click on "Subcase Select." Click on LC1 to include it under the "Subcases Selected," click on OK, and submit your model for analysis.

zeroexperience proposal deals with different load cases, but not with different geometry, as requested.

htyunis
you have to create a patran session file, which instructs patran to generate the model and run it. Once you have a session file for one geometry and load case, you edit it in order to create the model for the next shape/ load. Eventually, you chain those files in one big session file and run it.

hope it's not too late for you

I like the solution proposed by ykantor1 but the question now is there is any way to introduce a fortranan routine to read this cases as an arrays or to read it from spread sheet into patran.

with repect to usind load cases is there any way for patran to read it frm spread sheet in a sequence.

it will be great if any respected fellow provide me with simple example... thank you all

Hello, simple idea... using Nastran output file, actually it's "deformed" FEM, as an input "geometry" for Patran new pre-processing.

Am using SOL600 for metal deforming processes and I want to use already done contact analysis results(bended tube) and start a new analysis with it's deformed geometry(deformed FEM model), to apply new loads, but on it's deformed shape!
I was wondering does anyone know if it is possible and if it is what is the procedure to do it?!

Thanks in advance for helping me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back