Rupture disc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Kumar

Chemical
Nov 23, 2019
IN
Hello.
In my company RD outlet is directed to KO pot. PSV to atmosphere generally. So if i want to size the rupture disc i can't use 8 & 5 method because the discharge is atm but length is not 8 or 5 pipe dia. So which method is suitable any reference or info pls guide. I am a beginnner and learning sizing relief device.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Fike used to have this sizing guide uploaded on their website; not sure where it lives now. This should give you an idea of how to handle it.

Note that rupture disc/relief sizing is not something to be taken lightly. As a beginner, you should really defer to your more experienced colleagues and internal/client standards. There are a lot of factors in sizing and someone needs to be experienced to approve the calculations and confirm the design is safe.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=c780f311-96aa-44b8-a1bc-c1e0ac161af4&file=Rupture_Disc_Sizing.pdf
Sizing a rupture disk is like sizing an open pipe and fittings, with the certified K of the rupture disk in it. It's as simple as that.

Good Luck,
Latexman
Pats' Pub's Proprietor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back