Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

sandwich panel FEA 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

albatross

Apr 8, 2000
US
Visit site
Does anyone know of a cheap, user friendly analysis program that will handle glass/foam sandwich strucutres?

I have the demo version of NASTRAN, which is great for truss-type structures, but won't let me create sndw. panels. Is this a limitation of the demo?

I am an amateur homebuilt designer, wanting to learn more.I would welcome correspondence with 'real' aeronautical engineers.

Peter Thomas, irondack@aol.com

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The fea software you need depends on how sophisticated you want your analysis to be.<br><br>For example, you are probably looking to use the panels as floor boards.&nbsp;&nbsp;If this is the case you can analyse them for simple shear and bending using classical analysis techniques.<br><br>FEM of composite panels can be complex, and largely unneccessary in straight forward applications like home built aircraft.<br><br>If you need help with analysis, let me know. <p>Nigel Waterhouse<br><a href=mailto:n_a_waterhouse@hotmail.com>n_a_waterhouse@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>A licensed aircraft mechanic and graduate engineer. Attended university in England and graduated in 1996. Currenty,living in British Columbia,Canada, working as a design engineer responsible for aircraft mods and STC's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back