Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sanitary Drainage Fixture Count Preliminary Estimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

smp123069

Civil/Environmental
Feb 12, 2003
I'm trying to find a table providing preliminary estimates for sanitary sewer fixture counts. Ideally it would include single family homes (possibly with a range of square footage)and apartments (w/ range of 1,2 efficiencies). Does anyone know where I can find a table of this sort? I am familiary with the fixture unit values per fixture or group. I'm hoping that somebody has published a table to use for this preliminary estimate prior to doing the actual final fixture counts.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I realized that I posted this to the wrong forum and have since posted it on the Wastewater forum. While I have your attention though, I realized that there are sewer fixture counts and water demand fixture counts. Is there a table that provides these estimates for the water fixture count. For example how many fixture would be in a 4 bedroom 3 bath home. Or how many water fixtures would you typically find in a two bedroom/1 bath condo. Are there any tables out there that would help me out with this preliminary information?

look for "Ten states standards" via google

Where are you located ?

Many states have min. standards for dwellings based on home type - e.g. 100 gpd / person if you are going to sanitary sewers.

If you are designing an onsite WWTP that may be a different story.

1 water saver toiler = 1 gallon - but how many flushes is the question ...... proportional to # of users ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back