Sap2000 shear box Nlink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudia_

Civil/Environmental
Apr 18, 2019
IT
Hello,
I am modeling a tunnel structure in sap2000 composed by a top slab, diaphragm walls, mezzanine slab, bottom slab and linings. Due to the presence of the linings there is a 80cm space between the slabs and the diaphragm walls which are connected during the temporary stage with shear boxes. I have been modeling this situation (shear boxes) with Non Linear link Gap, as seen in the attachment but the results I find are not coherent with the loads applied. Is there something that I am missing? I am modeling the tunnel with non linear stage construction.
Thank you very much to whom will help me.
Claudia

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=7c1d4aed-357d-464c-9664-6db9a1df1fd4&file=Tunnel_sap2000.docx
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Suggests some sort of instability/ill conditioning if you are getting odd results, review or post the analysis log might give you some insight?

Do deflected shapes look reasonable/as expected or is there something highly non-linear going on that needs to be addressed?

Because the mesh lines in your walls don't match with the meshing on your slabs, you won't have connectivity between the walls and slabs unless you assign edge constraints. There may be other problems with your model too, but the mismatched meshes were obvious from your screenshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back