Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SAP2000 v14 modeling (Measuring distance) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

iraklidze

Structural
Jul 22, 2011
GE
Hallo all!
I need some halp with sap2000:

I'm new in sap2000, how to measure distance between joints, or angle between 3 joint. In state of modeling it is necessary, for replicate data (Dx, Dy, angle etc.). Or does it have move or copy option with base point.

Thank you !

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello,

If you click on a joint and then right click a dialogue box with information for that joint comes up. If you click on the "location" tab, the joint coordinates come up. If you do this for 2 joints it is easy to find what ever distance you need between the two.

Alternatively, for a quick linear measurement I just use the draw frame tool. You need to have snap to joints turned on. Click the first joint and then hover over the second joint. When you hover over the second joint a box will come up displaying the length of the line you are about to draw which is also the distance. If you just click escape at that point you don't draw the line.

FishTheStructure

Tank you for our answer!

I was just searching some kind of option, specially for measuring :).

But this method seems ok for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back