Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Save as PDF drwing sheet control. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowman

Mechanical
Dec 1, 2004
US
Hi all,

Is there a way using "Save as PDF" to control which of the drawing sheets are converted. We use a second sheet on a drawing for our sheet metal flat patterns. When we create the PDF we do not want this sheet of the drawing included in the PDF.
Thanks for the help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not that I know of. However, you can delete unwanted pages if you have Adobe Acrobat 6 Pro.

[cheers]
Making the best use of this Forum. faq559-716
How to get answers to your SW questions. faq559-1091
Helpful SW websites every user should be aware of. faq559-520

Cowman,

Why not print instead of saveas PDF this will bring up the print dialog which has a print range so you can choose the pages.

Best Regards,

Heckler
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
SW2005 SP 2.0 & Pro/E 2001
Dell Precision 370
P4 3.6 GHz, 1GB RAM
XP Pro SP2.0
NIVIDA Quadro FX 1400
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)

Do you trust your intuition or go with the flow?

pdf995 does work if you are using adobe to view pdf files. If your company is using another viewer for most files (we have Myriad) the files are garbage when viewed by them printed from pdf995, so use caution. Not all viewers stay current with adobe standards.

John

cowman,
If you have Adobe Acrobat (not just the free reader version, but the full blown purchased version), you can create pdf's the traditional way. That is to print them to Adobe.

The other option is to delete your flat pattern page before you save as pdf. Then close the drawing without saving because you don't want to permanently delete the flat pattern sheet.

What I was trying to say was: why not just print to a PDF instead of saving as a PDF. That way you can control what pages you want included in your PDF. Oh, I hope I'm making sense.....I need to not reply to posts until I've had my morning coffee. [morning]

Best Regards,

Heckler
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
SW2005 SP 2.0 & Pro/E 2001
Dell Precision 370
P4 3.6 GHz, 1GB RAM
XP Pro SP2.0
NIVIDA Quadro FX 1400
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)

Do you trust your intuition or go with the flow?

I do this with a macro. We cannot use standard pdf export because all of our pdf files must be viewable in Mac OSX. We have to use CutePDF to print to pdf. I wrote a macro that will save the drawing (if you wish) and then delete the second page, pdf the first page and then close the solid drawing and reopen with both pages intact.

Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. And scratch where it itches.

cowman said:
How do you print and create a PDF?

pdf995_website said:
Pdf995 makes it easy and affordable to create professional-quality documents in the popular PDF file format. Its easy-to-use interface helps you to create PDF files by simply selecting the "print" command from any application, creating documents which can be viewed on any computer with a PDF viewer.

[cheers]
Making the best use of this Forum. faq559-716
How to get answers to your SW questions. faq559-1091
Helpful SW websites every user should be aware of. faq559-520

Hello All,

I found a macro on the web that should do what you are asking about. The macro download is called "SaveAsPDF
WhatToPlot.zip" and can be found at this website:

Best Regards,
Jon

Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.

Solidworks 2005 SP2.0

Your welcome.

I glad you enjoy it.

Best Regards,
Jon

Challenges are what makes life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.

Solidworks 2005 SP3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back