Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Save as PDF in 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowman

Mechanical
Dec 1, 2004
US
After installing 2006 I am having a problem with the "save as pdf" command. When I attempt to create the pdf file I get a pdf message box with the message "Get Printer Step 101". Has anyone else had this problem and if so is there a fix?
Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That's strange. Do you have any third-party software that saves to PDF format via a print driver? It almost sounds like it's looking for a print driver.

I use PDF995 (freeware, ) all the time for M$ Office documents (since M$ is so backwards in this regard). But it hasn't interfered with SolidWorks' capacity to save to PDF format. Might be worth a try if you're still having difficulties and just need a simple PDF export. The detail won't be quite as crisp as the SolidWorks version, but it's quite good and works with any program from which you can print--only it "prints" to a PDF file. Use File > Print and choose PDF995 as your printer, save the file name, watch a couple of ad windows come up, and you have a PDF file.

Jeff Mowry
Reality is no respecter of good intentions.

cowman,

What is the process you are following to create the PDF, and at which step do you get the error?

(I would recommend checking with your IT dept. before installing third-party apps like PDF995. Most companies discourage or prohibit adware/spyware on their networks.)

I too use pdf995 and that seems to be the problem. Other users here do not seem to have any problems. I will work around it. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back