Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Saving a template onto a network system

Status
Not open for further replies.

dunce

Automotive
Aug 28, 2004
GB
I have created a form on my networked pc and saved it on my c drive as a template. The form uses "fillins" and "check boxes". I need the other pc's in the network to have access to it so I then saved the template onto the g drive. When I access the template from the g drive I get the "control toolbox" tool bar displayed in "design mode". I have tried saving as a document and then converting to a template and spent hours reading up on it without success. I am using Office 2000. Any sugestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

Just a quick thought , might well be off the mark here (its 3 am & I'm just off to bed).

If your template works ok whilst on the C drive but not on the G drive, is there the possibility that the paths are wrong. The template may be using other controls which it expects to see in certain locations on your C drive but it can no longer see them because its now on the G drive.

Also do you run the risk of any sharing violations whilst sharing the file with other users simultaneously. Why not just let each user copy it into there tempates directory and use it at will. You could even create a share at that location on their drives and send them updates to your template automatically.

Like I said just a thought.
Yawn |-I

Regards

Hi,

Just a quick thought , might well be off the mark here (its 3 am & I'm just off to bed).

If your template works ok whilst on the C drive but not on the G drive, is there the possibility that the paths are wrong. The template may be using other controls which it expects to see in certain locations on your C drive but it can no longer see them because its now on the G drive.

Also do you run the risk of any sharing violations whilst sharing the file with other users simultaneously. Why not just let each user copy it into their templates directory and use it at will. You could even create a share at that location, on their drives, and send them updates of your template automatically.

Like I said just a thought.
Yawn |-I

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back