Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Saving an Autocad file which is 'Write Protected' 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvlyjubblytoo

Mechanical
May 17, 2006
GB
I have just re-used an old autocad drawing, re-numbered it and hit the sace button.A message has come back saying this drawing is 'write protected'and cannot save. How do I remove this setting.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That's just what I did. The original source file was a different number. I used 'save as' to create a new file but the write protect seems to have carried over!!

There were no permissions issues evident. I have however just resolved my problem. I saved the file as a temporary number,which worked then re-saved it as the file number I required.Whilst solving the problem I guess the 'write protect' issue will remain a mystery

When you saveas, go to the TOOLS tab, then SECURITY OPTION tab. There, you should be able to turn off the save with a password option by deleting the password. Does that work?

"Do not worry about your problems with mathematics, I assure you mine are far greater."
Albert Einstein
Have you read FAQ731-376 to make the best use of Eng-Tips Forums?

Could be. We are using AutoCad 2005.

"Do not worry about your problems with mathematics, I assure you mine are far greater."
Albert Einstein
Have you read FAQ731-376 to make the best use of Eng-Tips Forums?

If you opened the file from a read-only source (network drive or CD) then you won't be able to save it. A SaveAs will not work unless you change the destination drive or folder to one you know is read/write.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back