Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving .dft files in pdf format with excel links in it? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Housila

Mechanical
Aug 21, 2007
US
I have an automated Bill of material which I have linked to my dft file. Its like a master automated file which changes with change in parameter. I wish to save the output in pdf format, so that I can save all these cases.

The problem I'm coming across is, when I print the .dft document, it prints the BOM, but when I try printing it in pdf format, it just replaces the sheet in a big black spot!

I have been trying hard since 15 days to fix it, but ti doesn't work. Can you guys throw in some suggestions?

Thanks,
Housila

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Printing directly to Acrobat Distiller ... or any PostScript printer ... then processing via Distiller seems to work fine on my system.

The Excel file appears as expected.

Regards,

Kevin

We have distiller but I am not able to bring it the list of available printers in Solid Edge draft. It also shows Solid Edge Velocity PS Printer (not sure what it does).
I really need this thing to work, else my whole design automation will fail. Please suggest, how shall I get it up and running.

Thanks everyone for their feedback.

Hi,
[...]
It also shows Solid Edge Velocity PS Printer (not sure what it does).
[...]

this will enable you to do a 'SaveAs PDF' ...

dy

Hi,
I tried that. It asks for a file name, when i click save and try to open the file, Adobe PDF doesn't recognize it. I tried saving as filename and filename.pdf as well, but no success.

You should be able to add the distiller thru the "add printer wizard" in windows. add local

Like i mentioned, dl cutepdf, there's no way that shouldn't work.

Solidworks 2005
Solid Edge V17

Thats what I have been trying to do. But it doesn't show the distiller. ( I go t0 add a printer-->Seleect LPT1 port-->it shows the list of manufactures and thats where I am not able to find distiller). I do have distiller installed in my system. When I try to open the .dft from distiller itself, it doesn't recognize it as its not a post script file (.ps)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back