Saving Results After Step 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwiceYTPL

Civil/Environmental
Mar 11, 2024
DE
Hello ABAQUS Community,

I'm currently working on a simulation in ABAQUS and could use some guidance from experienced users. I'm attempting to model a uniaxial compression test where particles are initially dropped into a cylinder, followed by compression.

Dropping Particles (Step 1): In the first step of my simulation, I'm dropping particles into a cylinder.
Compression (Step 2): Now, I need to perform compression on the cylinder containing the particles. However, I don't want to repeat the dropping step every time I modify something with the compression.

I'm unsure how to save the state of the model after the dropping particles step and use it as the initial state for the compression step without having to rerun the dropping particles step every time.

Thank you in advance for your time and support!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

That's the main reason why the restart and import functionalities are available. Check them in the documentation section "Analysis Continuation Techniques". The main difference is that restart only allows new steps and no changes in the model history (other than e.g. amplitude definition) while import gives you almost complete freedom as you can add parts, change solvers (between Standard and Explicit) and so on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back