scale in title block

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrunoA

Mechanical
Oct 16, 2007
US
Hi All,

My name is Bruno, and I'm new to the forum. I have a question for anyone who can help me. I want to know how to make the scale appear in the title block of a drawing file. So far, the only way I've found to make it work is to go into sketch mode and place the text in manually. Is there a property that allows me to place this automatically?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks David. So where do I edit the title block definition? Is that just under format and define new title block? It's not very clear how to edit this. Concurrently, is this a setting that just affects the document or is it universal? If so, then how do I create a template with my modified title block?

I use IV11 so if you are using 2008 or an older version the interface may be slightly different.

In your model tree, in the drawing resources folder, you will find a sub-folder titled "Title Blocks". In this folder is contained all the title block definitions that you have in your drawing template. You can either create a new title block or you can edit an existing one. If you choose to define a new one RMB on the title block folder and select Define New Title Block. You can then draw title block using the sketch tools. Or you can RMB on an existing title block and select edit definition.

Any changes you make to the title blocks are saved locally in the current drawing ONLY. That being said, once you have created or edited the title blocks, changed any dim settings and generally formated the drawing how you would like it to appear when you begin a new drawing, you can then save it to your templates folder as "Standard.idw", or any other name you choose. You can create as many templates as you choose but only the one titled Standard.idw will open automatically by selecting .idw from the New icon. It is in your best interest to save the Standard.idw that comes with Inventor under a different name or in a different location so that you can restore it if you need to.

If you are not sure where your templates are stored, go to Tools\Application Options\File and look at the Default Templates tab.

David

Thanks David that's very helpful. I am using 2008, but I think it is the same as what you're saying. By the way, what do you mean by "RMB"?

oh, duh! I had actually already done that to start editing it. I promise I'm not as dumb as I sound right now, heh.

thanks,

Bruno

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back