Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scale problem plotting with a custom size in SW

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWISGR8

Mechanical
Oct 20, 2005
US
I have a part that is about 49 in lg. When plotting it 1:1, using a custom sheet size (i.e. ?" x 55"), it scales bigger, by about 6% (i.e. 49" comes out at about 52"). When use a "std" size, like "E", the scale is good. It is just that now I have to print more than one because "E" is not long enough.

Anyone ever have issue like this with custom sheet size?

Thank you in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks Scott,

I definitely get (and have been through) the logic and also lean that way. Just wondered if anyone had come across the situation and had solution that was not plotter related. I am generally not so quick to acquit SW, but I agree this seems to be in that direction.

Thanks again.

It may seem obvious and most likely you have already done so, much in the same note the easiest and most likely things are often over looked. But when you go to print go under page setup and make sure the button is checked for scale to 100% because if you had a standard sheet size and printed it scale to fit it would just so happen to be to the correct scale but with using a non standard sheet size the plotter doesn't recognize this may not be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back