Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scaling Decals

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhusted

Mechanical
Nov 8, 2001
US
Hi,

When working with decals, do you have to get the image to scale before you bring it in as a decal, or can you scale it within Photoworks? I would like to apply an image I took of some polished aluminum treadplate to a plate, but when I bring it into Photoworks it is not the correct scale.

Thank you,

Jack

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I dont understand very well your question.
I´ll split it in 2.

First- You must not give the scale for your picture. It apply perfect in the perfect scale to your part.

Second- You took the image of polished aluminum treadplate to a plate. It is not in the correct scale because it´s not configure yet. Select the entire part, or a face. Then click the icon "Materials". Select a kind of material. Then, in the Tab "Displacement", select the right scale.

Sorry about the language, I am Portuguese (Brazil).

Hope that helps.

I forget to say. In the tab "Displacement", you must choose first "Style" and select some option. Then, select the correct scale.

Thanks.

Timoteo,

I do not have that much experience with PW. I took a digital image of a piece of aluminum treadplate. When I apply this image to my plate in PW, the number of diamonds per inch is not accurate. I didn't know whether I needed to adjust the image before I brought it into PW or if I can adjust it within PW. Hope this explains my question better.

Thanks for the help!

Jack

Jack,

Why you dont use the models of aluminum treadplate of SW?
Then you can set the right scale.

Althoug, if you want to export the picture, try to change the scale when you export it. Inside the SW, you can´t do that. Only with the SW´s defaults.

My preference is try to use the defaults of SW, it´s much more better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back