Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.

fascott

Electrical
Sep 13, 2007
US
How can I scale multiple objects at one time, yet leave them in place? Is it even possible? Thanks for any help!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

fascott,
As Todd says, you can't use the built-in scale command to scale multiple objects on different centers. A lisp program could automate the process to some degree, but you would have to somehow pick the individual centers of each object to be scaled. If the objects were all radially symmetric, like circles or regular polygons, the lisp program might be able to automatically determine the centers, but for other shapes, you would have to do it manually. If you could describe in some detail what you have in mind, I would consider writing the lisp.

Something lke this for blocks?

(DEFUN C:SC1 (/ s1) ; Scale by factor about INS of object
(Setq s1 (GetReal "Scale factor: "))
(COMMAND "SCALE" "SI" "INS" PAUSE "@0,0" s1)
)

I think this it what you are looking for:

Go to Utilities-Edit-Rescale Blocks/Text

You can window numerous objects at once, then it rescales by their individual insertion points, not a common point.

you could also select all of the blocks, go to the properties pallette, and change the scale in there. I believe it scales about the insertion point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back