Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Schedule problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

milan27

Computer
Oct 18, 2006
RU
When i do F9(schedule), my activitis durations are moved (they are longer) for the number of days from the last scheduling.Why is that?I have no resourses assign to the activities...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

yest they have, example, start date 1.09.2006, duration 30 days(end date 30.09.2006), i do schedule at the date 10.09.2006, and duration is now 40 days

Is the remaining duration field updated as well? If you put in a start date on 01-09-2006, left the remaining duration at 30 days then scheduled the job with a data date of 10-09-2006 you'll show a total duration of 40 days; 10 days since the activity started and 30 days remaining. You need to update how many days remain on the activity if your data data is before the activity completes.

Hope that helps.

thx, i'll see, but always when i do F9 the duration is changed...i guess i can ask u more things(one more), i put the start date for the sam example, and the activity hasn't started yet, but i want to stay there, and i do schedule and the start date is now schedule data date
Q:How to activity stay in its original date, not to be moved by schedule date?

i changed that, but it's still moving...for example...the activity had to start in 15.10.2006(and not started yet), and today is 15.11.2006, i do the schedule, but the activity is moved, and start date is now schedule data date...i want to planned activitys dates stay at place...how to do that...thx a lot...

Primavera does not assume progress like Microsoft Project does. If you have an activity planned that does not start, Primavera will reschedule the start of the activity at or after the data date. If you want to compare your current schedule progress to a target project, you have to establish a target and compare the current project to it.

You may want to check your calendars are right. Also, assuming your still building the plan, you could change the schedule date to an earlier date ie. when you press F9 change the date to earlier. The earliest you can go is the date set for the beginning of the project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back