scope of work for mechanical activities

Status
Not open for further replies.

johngladstone

Mechanical
Dec 24, 2012
YE
Dears
I am looking for website books with examples describe the different scope of work for mechanical activities ????
I appresiate for any help

Regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,
For Scope of work for mechanical prospective, you need to start from here,
Needs
Specs
New/ Old
Capacity
Material Handling by this Machine.
Made of
Location of your company
Delivery point
Guarantee.
You need lot of mentoring for writing the scope of work for any project.
Cheers
10815L

The "Mechancial" feild is very vast and open to alot of different areas of work.

I constantly deal with specifications that are cut and pasted from other contracts, which means the scope of works is not 100% correct/specific. The only real way is to start from scratch and detail what is requried to be done project specific. If the design team/contractor cannot detail this, how can anyone else price is, or allow for it?) Looking for an easy way of creating this will only create problems later for you and others.

I agree with iken --

Two additional comments:

1) If you don't have a project list of tasks and deliverables, start there. You can condense it into a scope pretty easily.

2) You might get more answers to your post if you clarify what "mechanical activity" means to you. To me it means heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration for buildings. To 10815L it must mean machine design. Also available are aerospace, acoustical, vehicle, thermal, etc...

Best to you,

Goober Dave

Haven't see the forum policies? Do so now: Forum Policies

It's not clear exactly what OP is asking, but perhaps this is helpful?

"Defining Activities

Activities must be clearly defined, and should be measurable. This means anyone should be able to determine if a particular activity (as defined) is in progress, or completed.

Activities must be defined every time there is a break or change in work content, and/or by changes in the work crew. Activities that are overly broad in scope are difficult to estimate, schedule and measure/report progress against.
..."

More:
FWIW, at least one study of planning practices showed a wide variation in the level of detail and manhour estimates for a given job:
Bernard
InterPlan Systems
- eTaskMaker Planning Software
- ATC Professional Turnaround Management Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back