Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Screen update of object tags 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotty7

Jul 27, 2004
GB
It is possible to assign a tag name to an entity via the Edit> Properties menu. By setting the Preferences > Visualization > Names/Borders > Object Name Settings to Work View, this tag can be seen on screen. However, when resizing or moving the object parametrically, the tag stays in the same place repative to the object, so tagging a face and then resizing the object can cause the tag to disappear inside the object. However, if the user does a Move on the component, the tag moves with the object.
So for example, insert a design feature Block. Pick a face and assign a tag name to it, then display it. Now change the origin of the block, and the block moves, but the tag doesn't. If I now Move Object on the block, the tag moves with it.
Current version NX7.5, recreated inNX8.5. Any ideas how to get the tag locations to update, or a setting that causes the tag to remain in the same relative position to the geometry to which it is assigned?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've just had a quick look at PMI on this basis, using the Coordinate Note. Yes, the PMI stays associative to the point, but the actual text doesn't move, just the leader. We wanted the tag to remain close to the object it is associated to. I've looked through the menu, but there doesn't seem to be anything to trigger this behaviour. Of course, I may have missed something...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back