Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Script to remove part of a text block?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalayna

Industrial
Jul 13, 2006
US
My company is doing a lot of updating right now, and there is some information on all of our (50,000+) prints that needs to be removed. While I can do some really nifty things w/our other cad program, I'm pretty clueless when it comes to doing the more detailed stuff w/AutoCAD. I've linked 2 examples below- is there a way to script removing the last 2 items (routing and send to) in the blocks on the bottom left corner? We have prints set up both of the ways shown.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes, with some custom programming.

In one drawing, the "SHIP TO: WELDING" is a attribute value in a block insert; in the other drawing "SEND TO: SHIPPING" is the last line in some MTEXT. A (lisp or VBA) routine would search for the mtext & delete the offending text, and search for the block insert "routing" and clear the attribute value. Now include this routine in a batch program such as Scriptpro to run on all the drawings.

Thank you for the reply- I knew it *should* be relatively simple, but since I don't work with AutoCAD in depth, I wasn't sure where to start. Time to get started on implementation!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back