Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Scripting Autocad from MathCAD using VBScript

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmenich

Structural
Apr 29, 2008
CA
Back again in the pursuit of drawing through mathcad.

Now I'm trying to draw from mathcad in Autocad using the scipted component. Are other people doing this? My VBScript skills are pretty limited and I'm stuck at trying to find the commands for VBScript which will create a line, circle, polyline etc. in Autocad. I'm also unsure of how that command will go.

If i have something like this:

Dim acadPLine
Dim x(6)
x(0)=1 'setting x and y coordinates for 3 pt polyline
x(1)=1
x(2)=5
x(3)=6
x(4)=8
x(5)=12

Set acadPLine = fdsafdjsklajfd;(x) -- not sure what to put after this equal sign.

Any hints? Also having a really hard time finding resources on the internet for using VBScript in Autocad. Are there books or sites with information?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm using V14.

The reason I was hoping to do it directly in Mathcad was because I would like to have the drawing update on the design sheet as I refresh the parameters. I could do it outside of mathcad and call the variables. Or just have mathcad export a simple script text file, but i would like to make the whole design process into one step that is easily reiterated if the original design is not adequate. Do you think this is not readily achievable? Programming is not my forte.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back