Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SDRC I-deas 12 m1 installation woes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikerbarny

Automotive
May 25, 2007
GB
I was wondering if anybody could help me...

I have spent most of the day unsuccesfully installing I-deas 12 onto my new laptop.

At first everything seemed fine, and the program worked.
However, on shutting down the computer and starting up again, i encountered problems.

FLEXlm lisence finder pops up and informs me that "FLEXlm could not determine where to find the licensing data it needs."
I am giving the option to track the license file down, which i do. however, this does not work and i am left with the following result:
"Detected loss of communication with I-DEAS license daemon.
Contact your system administrator.
OK - Retry, Cancel - Exit without save.
You cannot connect to the I-DEAS FLEXlm resource lock server.
Please review your license file and resource locking
configuration."

However, running the LMTOOLS server status enquiry reveals that everything is "UP" and as it should be.

I have also encountered an error to the effect that Telnet port 23 could not be connected.

I have tried re-installing many differant times, using differant hard discs, all firewalls and suchlike are disabled, yet i still get the same problem- it runs perfectly untill i reboot.

If anyone could shed some light on the situation, i would really appreciate it.

thanks very much for your time.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sounds to me like you don't have the Flex service set up quite right, since you have to keep pointing it back to the license file after a restart. Just based on what you're describing, anyone would be hard pressed to give you a single answer that solves your problem....it could be a number of different things causing this.

I'd just call GTAC and have them walk you through how to set up the FlexLM license service. Also make sure you have admin priviledges before you call so that any changes you make are permanent and won't revert back to the same situation you're having now.

Tim Flater
Senior Designer
Enkei America, Inc.

Some people are like slinkies....they don't really have a purpose, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back