SE ST7 shaded views in draft not printing in colour

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaLad89

Mechanical
Nov 20, 2012
GB
Hi there,

Had this problem with ST4 at work, where a shaded part on the draft would just print out as black and white. Referred to this forum site and found this thread, which fixed that problem:

Basic gist of the thread above was to add a file into the registry folder via regedit.

Recently work upgraded software from ST4 to ST7.

So that problem is back and the fix above doesn't work anymore :(

Would be grateful if someone could help me in identifying the registry file that I'll have to add back again in order to print shaded views in drafts.

I mean we've been saving drafts as pdfs to then print. But with soo many drawings, it does get cumbersome!

Thanks in advance for the help!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is the problem not know how to edit the registry? If so, then the following should help.

The path in the registry is shown in that link:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Unigraphics Solutions/Solid Edge/Version xxx[x's being your version number]/DEBUG
But it's missing a level so it should be:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Unigraphics Solutions/Solid Edge/Version xxx[x's being your version number]/DEBUG
(in your case xxx will be 107)

Find that registry location and in the right pane hover the cursor over "Type" at the top of the column and hit "new" and select QWORD
Now at the bottom of the name column will be "New Value #1"
Rename it to "PrinterPlgBlt"
Right click on the name and select "modify"
Put a "1" in the value field.
Exit the registry edit and try it.

Bshand, I tried doing that, but it didn't seem to work with ST7. That was what I was trying to get across :D

So on ST4 which is folder 104 in the registry tree, I navigated to the DEBUG folder and added that PrinterPLGBLT registry key. But when I did the same for ST7 (107) folder, it just didn't work.

So was wanting to know if i need to locate that file somewhere else in the 107 registry folder or whether there is a totally different registry key to add somewhere else into that registry folder if that makes sense :)

OK. I wasn't sure what your difficulty was. I'm running ST7 and can print draft views in color. I checked the registry and there is no such entry anywhere in its entirety. Now I'm going to insult you with a ridiculous question: You don't have "print all colors as black" in the print dialog, right?

Yeah, this was the thing. I checked the registry too and it would seem that ST7 filing system is different to ST4. It has many different folders now.

And yes....no print in black options is also not been enabled. Checked that first haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back