Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SE Viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwatts

Industrial
Jan 4, 2004
GB
We have been running Solid Edge ST now for two months and we are getting problems with SE Viewer.

1. The annotation is not displayed as shown when looking at the .dft file through Solid Edge e.g. the text is "wrapped"

2. The line font is poor quality when printing through viewer (dashed lines).

I have tried using several desktops that have SE viewer along with alternative printers. Before we were using SE v20 and not experienced this problem. My question to you all, have you experienced anything similar or do you use an alternative viewer. If so, are they free and where can I get them.

Thanks in advance.

Severn Glocon

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

donyoung,

Thanks for pointing me to this download.

Although you are not able view on screen first when using this application, the prints are 100% better. Lets hope I can convince the non SE users who will need this to print of our drawings!

Happy Days....BW

Severn Glocon

In Solid Edge View and Markup there is a setting for quality on the Print Layout tab of the Print dialog.
The default will be set to lowest quality/highest speed.

bc.
2.4GHz Core2 Quad, 4GB RAM,
Quadro FX4600.

I've found that if you move the slider off of the low quality setting it prints blank pages. There was mention of a trick where you max out the slider and then back off a little, but I have not been able to make it work yet.

Kyle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back