Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Sea water lift pump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Do you really want hydrophilic driven?
try Google 'Hydraulically driven fire water lift pump'
I am sure that people like Peerless and Sulzer make these.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
P.E. Metallurgy

Thanks for your help EdStainless

It does not have to be a Hydraulic pump. I actually prefer to have a 90 degree gear operated drive.
I already talked with Sulzer. They can provide the pump but they will not package it.
I will talk with peerless later.

Thanks

Try looking for fire water pump packages as well.

There are a number who make seawater systems. just do a search.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

SJEC, try Ornel pumps in Australia, I realise you said you said Nth America, but these guys are more than capable of building a very high quality first class system to exactly what you want.
No connection to myself, although I was involved with the product over 35+ years ago.

It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. (Sherlock Holmes - A Scandal in Bohemia.)

SJEC, any interest I can send you their link. For interest - what flow and head?

It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. (Sherlock Holmes - A Scandal in Bohemia.)

There are several vendors in US, such as Sulzer, Goulds, Flowserve, etc., who can make the vertical pump.
The 90-deg gear operated drive sounds like a special mechanical device between the pump and motor. And, it is normally outside scope of the pump vendor.

Hi Artisi
The number has not been finalized. The preliminary numbers are listed below.
The flow will be 1000m3/h, and DP will be 1400 kPag.
At this stage, we already talked with several European suppliers. However,the project is located in NA, and we prefer to find some local suppliers.

Hi mk3223
We are not looking for a bare pump, and we are looking for a package vendor who can provide a standard skid with diesel engine, drive, pump etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back