Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sealer for sweating warehouse floor in feed mill 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveMorgan

Agricultural
Dec 29, 2004
US
Warehouse floor sweats in humid weather. The warehouse does not have heating/cooling. Ventilation systems are limited. How can I keep the floor dry and safe?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

A search using "Non Skid Floor Coatings" returned over 48000 hits. You might find something useful there to match up to whatever material your warehouse floor is made from. It may help to keep the floor safe. Without environmental controls, it would be difficult to keep it dry. You might be able to try a floor wet vacuum system but I doubt it would be very efficient.

Regards,

Thanks PSE, I am testing the flooring now to see if it is vapor pressure coming up or if it is just atmospheric conditions that cause the problem.

Depending on the size and obviously the type of traffic you may want to try either metal grating or rubberized deck mating. It helps rise above the moisture and if employees spend many hours standing/walking on floor the rubberized type is suppossed to reduce impact stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back