Search for AIRFOIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstengl

Industrial
Nov 25, 2002
US
Hello all,
I have been searching for a specific airfoil on various sites (NACA, NASA, universities, etc..) without success

Could you please help me to find NACA 642-415 (or perhaps 64(2)-415 would be more correct) ?
I need a standard things: Cl, Cd, Cl/Cd, alpha..

Thank you in advance
M.Stengl

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

mstengl,
The NACA airfoil you are looking for is 64(sub2)-415.
You can get the data you are looking for at you local bookstore (you may have to order it). The title is "Theory of Wing Sections" by Abbott and Doenhoff. The ISBN number is 0-486-60586-8. I bought my copy in paperback about 10 years ago for $11.
Good Luck

mstngl, im not an engineer, however, I studied helicopter engineering on my own for 14 years, plenty of manuals and many trials and tribulations on solving one set of problems only to have 6 others pop up. solve them, 6 more pop up.

at any rate the book you should consider getting for a valuable assett to your library would be "Theory of wing sections", Abbott and DoenHoff, Dover Publishing, ISB 0-486-60586-8 and paperback, runs about 16.95. excellent book and if I'd been paying attention earlier I probably could have copied and faxed the lift and drag polars over to you.

take care and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back