Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Searching for polyline autolisp

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohiocad

Structural
Apr 6, 2001
US
I have heard of the lisp routine in question, but have been unable to track it down, since I'm not even sure what it is called.

What I'm looking for is a lisp that,, when you select a line, will create a polyline with anything that connects to that line. One click, and done. Even better would be to select a bunch of objects at once, and have it create all the closed polylines it can (fuzz factor set to 0... need to know if anything is open), but I'll be happy with what I can find.

(We have drawings that contain hundreds of rectangles and triangles, all single line objects.... we need to change them to closed polylines)

Any info appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

CarlB,

That will work, thanks for the info. Not the way I remember hearing about it working, but the end result is the same, so I'll take it. Thanks much!

I made mine.
custom button called "PE LOOP"
Disc: for making a pline loop from singles lines
macro is written as (pe y i all x)spaces ar important.
to use it: select one of the lines you want polylined and then the ICON. it joins all the lines that are at endpoints.
works most of the time for me.
have fun
REP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back