Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Section properties for composite slab with steel deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

avecillasjavier

Civil/Environmental
Nov 4, 2014
EC
Hi everyone. I'm doing a seismic design of a 10 story steel building with composite slabs and i want to know wich are the best properties modifiers to get the more accurate period of the structure. In my first analysis, i used f11, f22, f12, m11, mm2, mm12 = 0.25 but i'm not really sure about these properties modifiers because i have not much experience in this kind of composite slab.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Please first make sure if you should use the composite deck as rigid/ semi-rigid or flexible diaphragm.

If you can use the deck as rigid diaphragm and you are using the results only for lateral force distribution you can use 1 for everything. If you are using the model to check DL/LL deflections - just modify the ms. The diaphragm action of the deck should not be influenced from the cracked section modulus of the slab.

neznajko thank you for your answer. I'm using the period only for the lateral force distribution. The problem is that i'm using the composite deck as semi-rigid diaphragm. Any suggestions about this case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back