Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

section view catiav4.2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jk123

Automotive
Jul 29, 2003
US
when i create a section which is offset using end points as the definition, i get a section view. but the same section view when defined with lines gives a different view. can anyone explain this difference

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

jk123,
Section cuts in V4.2.2 can be tricky. There are a few
things I need to know so I can help you out:
Are you using AUXVIEW2 or AUXVIEW. This makes a big diffrence on how the view behaves. And the steps your are going through. Also are you doing a "section cut" or a "secction view" they are two diffrent things, Pay attention to which direction your arrow is pointing more than likely that is your problem.

Todd

Todd

I use AUXVIEW2 and always use planes in 3D to make my section cuts. This will always be repeatable. Also the part
you are taking a section cut through may have a sweep or contour to it. Create a plan normal to the sweep curve. Then take your section cut through the plan. If you get a error you could have the wrong view active. Try activating a diffrent view.

Todd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back