Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Section View of weldings

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinSweden

Mechanical
Mar 23, 2009
SE
Hi!

I seem to have problems creating an section view of a welding assembly. The section view simply won't update and I get an error message that reads:
"Modeler error occurred when updating section view. Error: Modeler error: inconsistent arguments, or internal error"

If I make layer 255 invisible (that were the welds are) in the section view, the error do not appear, and of course neither do the welds.

Any ideas?

Best Regards Martin

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Go back into your model and run examine geometry to ensure that there are not in fact geometry errors causing the problem.

If that doesn't help then try changing the tolerances in the view style settings to see if the system can or will decide to resolve the geometry to a section given better values.

If all else fails and you suspect the weld then suppress then and perform view updates. Usually you can track it down to one or two pieces of geometry that are errant. Sometimes you need to suppress and unsuppress things one by one to figure it out but in this case and without the data first we have to find the problem then we have to decide who or what to be critical of granted that it hasn't worked for you as easily as you expected.

Best Regards

Hudson

www.jamb.com.au

Nil Desperandum illegitimi non carborundum

Hi!

With help of the input above I have now narrowed it down to one welding, and one specific situation.

First of all, the problem was caused by the groove weld the welds together the two cyliders. Having figured that out I found the a section view perpendicular to the one that did not update were no problem. Also, all views updated without problems if the section plane did not coincide with the start and endpoint of the groove weld.

I finally tried to change the tolerance of the groove weld to a smaller tolerance and with that everything workt like a charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back