Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Section view with both solid and wireframe parts in the same view. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poorpaulus

Automotive
Feb 3, 2002
GB
As the title suggests, I need to represent a sectional view of an assembly, but with one of the components as wireframe/transparent. The component to be transparent is a "potting" in a connector and I need to show the cables running though so that route can be seen in section. In SW I can simply right click on the part and change its appearance, but I can't figure it out in Creo Elements. It's transparent in the model, but I can't get it to follow this through to the drg.

Any suggestions?

Paul.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

OOPS! Sorry, in a drawing using Creo Elements/Pro 5.

Thanks for the link. I've taken a look, but it seems to only change the line-type, not the transparency of the part. It would work if I could change the offending part to wireframe whilst everything else in the view is solid, but I can’t figure out how to do this.

You can set the "HLR Display" of the component in a section view. This will not be a true Wireframe, but you will be able to see hidden lines. Then you can change the "Edge Display" of the lines to be "Wireframe".

3DDave,
That's done it! Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it. I've been looking for this feature for longer than I care to remember.

Paul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back