Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Section views (drawing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

desguy

Mechanical
Dec 18, 2002
US
When making a section view in a drawing, you can select components that you don't wish to section.

When making a broken-out section view however, this option doesn't seem to be available and I am ending up with some rather unattractive half-screws and shafts.

Does anyone know if there is a way to correct this?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

For complete control of what you see in a sectioned view you can make a configuration of your assembly file using a customized cut. In your drawing you might show the default assembly configuration for all you normal views and then use the "Sectioned" configuration for the custom view.

In this "Sectioned" assembly configuration you should first suppress all components that you do not want included in the cut. This should include not only items that you want to show uncut but should also include items not involved in the cut. By doing this you will save a bit of calculation time. After making the cut then unsupress all the features you want to show in this custom view. I find this to be a fast way to get the view I want. The default method is to just make the cut and then edit its feature scope, deleting components from the scope that you do not want included in the cut or its calculation.

Make sure this assembly section cut feature is suppressed for the default assembly configuration.

See if this gets you what you want.

- - -DennisD

DennisD beat me to the punch.
I was trying to get the broken-out section to do what you wanted, and while I wasn't looking, he jumped in here and said exactly what I was gonna say!
He must be stalking me or something. [surprise]
[santa3] H[sub]o[/sub][sup]3[/sup]
tatej@usfilter.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back