Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

See the results inside a 3D model

Status
Not open for further replies.

srosset

Electrical
Feb 10, 2005
CH
Hello, This is a really dumb question, but I used to simulate membranes with an axisymmetric model (i.e. representing the cross section). For several reasons, I have now made a 3D model.
According to PLNSOL documentation, I should be able to plot results (for example stress) of the membrane cross section, by selecting the concerned nodes (for ex. NSEL,S,LOC,X,0) followed by PLNSOL,U,X.

But I always end up with solution on the full membrane, which means I can only see the result on the surface of the membrane, but not in a cross-section.

How can I do that?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Samuel

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello,

You can select half of the membrane node and then the elements on nodes then plot the results. For example, if the membrane symmetry axis is the z-axis:

Code:
nsel,s,loc,x,0,1000 ! input correct membrane radius 
esln,s,1
plnsol,u,x

Regards,
Alex

Hi

I want to add something to Alex. Its an good way of getting the results but there is an problem.
When your elementnodes aren't on that loc. you will not seen then, you maihgt get a rough surface.
An beter way of doing it to do it grafical.
Make a workplane at the loc. of slice. and then:
/cplane,1

Hoop it helps
Garry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back