Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Seed and Boundary Surfaces 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

adp1215

Military
May 19, 2010
US
I am trying to add draft to numbers and tick marks that protrude from a cylinder. Some of the items draft with no issues while others return a "seed and boundary surfaces" message on the screen. What does it mean and how do I fix the geometry? I am using WF4.0

Thank-you,
Arnie

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

adp1215,
I couldn’t tell from the file what the problem is, however, individual surfaces, seed surface and boundary are two methods of selecting surfaces, if you are selecting surfaces individually, press and hold Ctrl key to add to your selection set while you are selecting other surfaces, if you are using seed surface and boundary, select the seed surface first, press and hold the Shift key, select the boundary surfaces, release the Shift key and you will select all surfaces limited by the boundary surfaces, the selection set starts from the seed surface.
I hope that helps

Try using Intent Surfaces option on selection menu should allow you to pick one of the faces to draft and get the rest of the surfaces as a group.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back