Seeking help on reverse osmosis 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

shootingstars78

Civil/Environmental
Feb 12, 2008
AU
Hi All,
Can anyone please help me in finidng a list of WWTPs that use RO? Or does anyone know these about a RO plant:
a. Type of biological treatment prior to RO
b. Type of pre-treatment prior to RO
c. Feed water quality prior to RO
d. Permeate Quality
e. % Reject
f. Cleaning Frequency and lifetime of the membrane units.

Thank you very much for your response and have a great day!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Bimr
Thank you very muhc for your response. I have visited the link and its quite informative. Its oK to provide and MBR and a RO.

However, our concern is, how could we hear from the horses mouth, i.e. from the plant operatore regrading how are these units actually performing? I am looking for some numbers rather than the sales pitches. Could you please advise anyways to collect this kind of information?

Thanks

Shootingstars78,

MBR would produce a very quality effluent suitable for feeding a RO process. I would dose UV and O3 to kill off any biologicals that might slip through the MBR.

Contact Siemens, GE Water, TriSep (SpiraSep membrane for MBR) and Koch Membranes (Puron membrane for MBR). All would like to help you with this application.

Good luck.

PS - It would be a good idea to pilot this first!

Hi Cub3bead
Thank you very much for your input. I have contacted these suppliers and about to get some quotations.

I really feel that the sector of performance data archiving from watewater treatment plants has yet a lot to go. Now a days of technology, I wish there were some place where we could find the process, a list of WWTPs having that process, and the performance data of these treatment processes, and recommendations from the operators.

The day will come soon, I am thinking whether we could do soemthing about it?

Thanks everyone for your input. I have been working these days on the MBR and RO process and thought should update my learning for your review:

1. AWWA runs some cool webinars on membranes. I attended one two weeks ago, NZ local time 4:30 am. The webinars was fully packed with information and was worth coming to office at these hours in the morning.

2. I did lots of searches on the scholarly database such as Scopus and science direct. Although I did not find a specific answer to my question, there are heaps of papers on laboratory trial and full scale version on wastewater treatment and the results are extremely useful. I would rank this source as no 1 for experimental data on several membrane processes and configurations.

3. I have tried lots of suppliers including those mentioned. Some of them provided useful data. However, I wish we could talk to technical people more rather than the sales force.

Thanks a lot Jcook 14. I will contact the plant operator and see if I can get any operational data. I will update the forum. Thanks Cub3bead, Orange County provides good data on their effluent.

Finally, thanks a lot to Dave Minter. Once this project is completed, it will be a real good example on membrane usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back