Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Seeking support for insulation gasket alternate material

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhonwyn73

Electrical
Mar 4, 2012
SA
Greetings,

I am seeking support for a quench line gasket for 3 inch TCV, following are the information and looking for suitable gasket for this application.

The 6 inch quench line is having TCV which is SS material (A182 F321 Flange) and the line is CS material, at present the insulation gasket kit is used (data sheet attached) but no spare available. I am in need of replacement urgently, So please help to know replacement type of this gasket like low carbone, or others as alternate suitable material for this application.

Service: Hydrogen
Design Temperature of the Reactor: 430 deg. C
Design Pressure of the Reactor: 80.5 barg

Quench line Design Temp.: 365 deg. C (up to NRV)
Quench line Design Pressure: 90 barg

May be you can recommend low carbon steel or soft iron gaskets for this hydro carbon service. Appreciate if you could respond on an urgent basis.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you sure the CS pipes used in the H2 service at high design pressure and temperature as specified? My experience is to use 347SS RJ gasket for the HP/HT H2 service. Or, you may also consult with the manufacturer for the suggestion of the proper gasket for the application.

Thanks for the response. Yes, CS is used at one side.
we got a comments that 347SSRJ may causes corrosion specially at CS side, and I am looking for alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back