Select "all holes" on a surface

Status
Not open for further replies.

FedaykinHandler

Mechanical
Dec 8, 2013
SE
Hello, Im using Catia V5

I wonder how i can select alla holes on a Surfaces (i want to later use it for a PowerCopy)
-The Surfaces i isolated
-When using "BOundary" and klicking on a surface i can use a point to chose either the edges around the surface or "one" hole but i want to be able to select all holes.

I can do it with extract command but then i must select each hole seperatly wich i think will not work later for the PC.

In the end i want to fill all holes, but its just the selection i get stuck on.

Namaste!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

why dont you just fill the outside big boundary? that will work easy if surface is planar... and give you a one cell clean surface?

ok now if you really want to get all holes...

extract boundary -> multi curve result (keep all)
join(boundary) with "check connectivity" = off and go to "subElement to remove" tab and select edges of the outside boundary => result is multicurve of inside boundaries

fill(join), keep all sub result

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

thanks for the Join of Boundary method, but i dont think it will work very well for the powercopy, as it seems that i need to de-select alot of outer edges.

The surfaces is large, and not planar. (kind of complex surfaces)
It will be differnet surfaces that i work with and the goal is to get a working PowerCopy to fill all holes.

here is a little gem for you: (this will not work for some odd, isolated occurencies...)
take boundary of the whole surface. keep all elements
place two extremum points on the boundary; one as maximum in any arbitrary direction, and the other one as minimum of the same direction -- why not +-x
split the boundary with the two points, in the more-section of the split add the two points in the remove tab...
done!

regards,
LWolf

Btw if you have access to Core & Cavity Design Workbench then there are tools right there: Surfaces - Fill Surfaces

regards,
LWolf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back