Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Selecting components in graphics area / PDMworks

Status
Not open for further replies.

morris9791

Mechanical
Feb 7, 2008
GB
Hi Folks,

In the past (Solidworks 2009), there was a very useful feature where one could select a part or sub assembly in the graphics area and it would automatically highlight that selection in the PDM works tree.

This is not working correctly anymore in Solidowrks 2010 SP4. IT might highlight an assembly but not the component within that assembly.

Can anyone comment on this?

Thanks Eddie

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not sure if the following affects PDMW, but worth a try.

Go to Tools > Options > System Options > Feature Manager and select Dynamic Highlight

Also Tools > Options > System Options > Display/Selection and select Dynamic highlight from graphics view

Thanks,

I have checked both options. Still does not completely work...onlt for subassemblies and not parts.

Does it work for you?

Thanks Eddie

I believe what you are looking for is found here...

Right click in PDM, and go to Solidworks Workgroup PDM Options. Go to the Vault tab. In the "Show selections in Project Manager for" area, make sure "part" is checked.

Aaron
SolidWorks (x64)/PDMWorks 09 3.0
CADKey 99 R1.0 (Yes, still using it!)

morris9791,
Let me know if Aaron's and Chris's fixes work because I rely on this functionallity all the time.

Thanks,

Colin Fitzpatrick (aka Macduff)
Mechanical Designer
Solidworks 2010 SP 3.1
Dell 490 XP Pro SP 2
Xeon CPU 3.00 GHz 3.00 GB of RAM
nVida Quadro FX 3450 512 MB
3D Connexion-SpaceExplorer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back