Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Selecting dimensions in sketcher? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

crbeebe

Mechanical
Jan 21, 2005
US
I would like to select all dimensions (only) in the sketcher in order to toggle lock the dimensions. The only way that I know how to do this is to manually control-click each dimension. If I window select the dimensions, most of the time it will also select some kind of geometry as well. Then, the program will not let me lock the dimensions.

Is there some kind of command, or has someone figured out a macro that will allow you to select all dimensions without selecting geometry in the sketcher?

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Change the selection filter in the lower right corner of the screen from All to Dimension. Then your window selection will grab only dimensions.

Thanks! That's a helpful tool.

Too bad there's not a "lock all dimensions" button...I can't figure out how to create a mapkey that does this, yet. If I do, I'll post it.

Chip

That sounds like what I want, however, I don't seem to have that option. I'm using WF2.0...are you using another version?

Thanks,
Chip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back